Driving Mission Success
Together with attention to detail, a thorough, conscientious “hands on” approach and the flexibility to adapt to changing requirements, the responsibilities of the Vehicle Technician include:
- Vehicle inspections and reporting.
- Servicing, diagnosing faults and repairing vehicles.
- Adhering to manufacturers standards and operating with a high level of efficiency.
- General workshop safety and cleaning duties.
- Reading, understanding, and following detailed work instructions and drawings.
- Assist the Workshop Manager on performance (KPI’s).
- Contribute towards assisting in building a motivated team to increase morale.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities. Any substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
The role requires an individual who:
- Has a minimum of a City & Guilds Level 3, or similar, in Automotive Repair or Vehicle Systems.
- Can demonstrate complex diagnostics and repair experience on both automotive / auto electronic / control / bespoke to role systems.
- Has an excellent computer literacy and is experienced in the use and operation of automotive diagnostic equipment (notably TechStream, Xentry, IDS, Tech Tool).
- Will work in accordance with Jankel’s ISO 9001 and Environmental, Health and Safety processes & procedures.
- Is numerate and literate to a level appropriate to the role.
- Has the ability to identify spares parts from parts catalogues and electronic media. Where not clearly identified, definition of a correct spare part shall need to be investigated (with the support of the wider JSS team).
- Holds a full UK driving licence.
- Is eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum Security Cleared (SC).
- Minimum 5’ years’ experience as a fully qualified technician.
- Significant experience in diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical and body related faults, in particular the successful applicant must have a high level of electrical knowledge and experience, coupled with strong fault diagnostic capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately at all levels within the business will be essential as well as being a team player.
- Customer focussed – displays pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs.
- Results-focussed – strong desire to achieve results and works hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success.
- Flexibility – displays versatility and adaptability. Identifies need for change, develops new ideas, encourages, and supports innovation. Reacts positively and with enthusiasm to change and improvement. Has capability to achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure. Self-manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less.
- Professional – takes career seriously and considers the business dimensions of decisions carefully. Intellectually and analytically rigorous; displays high competence in chosen field and is trusted by the business to “do the right thing”.
- Integrity and morality – acts with scrupulous honesty with customers, colleagues, and suppliers and everyone else they are contact with in the workplace.
- Communication and listening – strong interpersonal skills; the appropriate use of written, oral, non-verbal, and listening skills, with an ability to persuasively impart information and pick up on underlying messages.
- Problem solving – displays logic, creativity, and pragmatism in resolving problems, requiring little supervision, and using disciplined problem-solving methods.
- Adaptability – the ability to react to different circumstances whilst maintaining composure and focus on objectives; can be relied upon in tough situations and is able to constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate appropriate change.
- Teamwork – a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand the motivation of others and actively assess their strengths and weaknesses, is aware of others workload and responds accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org