Jankel specialise in designing survivability solutions tailored to customer needs.
- ON GOING ANALYSIS & TESTING
Jankel assign a significant proportion of company resources to research and development activity including continual product progression and retaining an up to date knowledge of armouring / survivability techniques and materials.
- MATERIAL CAPABILITIES
- Jankel have a wealth of knowledge and expertise of the latest materials and integration techniques
- Jankel continually investigate possible combinations of materials, leading to the development of a range of unique material solutions that benefit the customer in terms of costs, weight and endurance
- JANKEL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Through significant self investment into R&D, Jankel hold the IP for a range of products and designs
- IP is transferred from project to project as appropriate, allowing Jankel to support programmes or bid with a wealth of evidence and data from previously designed and manufactured systems
- Jankel holds patents for a range of products including the market leading technology utilised in the BLASTech Seating Range
- USER FEEDBACK
Working closely with worldwide military users ensures Jankel systems meet each specific and special requirement. Equally user feedback is always engaged for continual product development. This knowledge, expertise and feedback is utilised during each Jankel project.
- CONCEPT IMAGERY
At the initial stages of a design or pre-contract Jankel's ability to rapidly produce realistic concept illustrations and designs significantly aids initial programme
- 3D MODEL
Jankel has a large CAD team developing, engineering and creating product for the varied projects Jankel are undertaking, whether it be R&D work at risk for a partner or as part of a contracted programme
- FEA SIMULATION / MODELLING
Jankel have invested heavily in developing a state of the art FEA capability. Using LS-Dyna as the base simulation program our FE team have taken an extensive amount of live test data to correlate our FE models. Exposure of our team to live test data has enabled us to reconfigure the charge models and output models such as Hybrid III to more closely represent actual events. Optimised designs using FEA have resulted in reduced weight, reduced live testing, reduced timing and improved product capability ultimately.
- MATERIAL SELECTION & PROTECTION LEVELS
With the protection levels assessed and possibilities evaluated, the appropriate material in terms of density, availability, thickness, cost and structural integrity is chosen from the growing database of Jankel tested material solutions.
- PACKAGING & ERGONOMICS
An important part of any design is product usability. At early stages of any programme all key specification data including masses, axle loadings, overall dimensions, door aperture sizes and seating / working locations analysed in detail, to ensure the appropriate parameters are assigned for the system to carry through to completion.
- PROTOTYPE BUILD
In house prototype build capabilities ensure rapid feed back to our design team. Jankel's highly skilled build technician's work closely with the engineering and production team to ensure that the product conforms to design specifications whilst proving and developing production process requirements.
- TEST, EVALUATION & CERTIFICATION
Dependent on end user requirements Jankel will undertake test and evaluation to show that the product conforms to specification. Testing ranges from individual component testing, live blast / ballistic testing, through to full vehicle durability. Final certification is obtained for independent industry recognised test organisations.
From initial concept Jankel process engineering will overview the design to ensure that the product is designed to meet production requirements. During development and prototype build process documentation and production tooling is specified and evaluated to meet production build volumes. Jankel have flexible production manufacturing facilities in the UK, Jordan and USA. We have also established a supplier network with capabilities to meet low medium and high volume production manufacture. These capabilities enable us to offer production supply of our product on a global basis.